Jump Start Incubator was founded by Berks County Community Foundation and the Kutztown University Small Business Development Center in January of 2012. As of December 2016:
* 35 companies have come through the Incubator’s doors.
* 17 of the 35 companies are minority- or woman-owned.
* 30 of the companies are still in business.
* While about half of all U.S. startups fail within three to five years, 85 percent of Jump Start’s clients have been successful.
* Currently, the incubator has 12 clients. Eight clients are in-house and four are off-site.
* In 2016, the combined revenue for all of Jump Start’s clients was more than $1 million.